Sunday 30 July 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, directed by Larry Charles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Chill Factor by Sandra Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 30 July 2006 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 July
- Lebanon War: At least 28 civilians, including 16 children are killed by the Israeli Air Force in what Lebanese call the Second Qana massacre and what Israel considers to be an attempt to stop rockets' being fired, from Lebanon, at Israeli civilian targets.
- The world's longest running music show Top of the Pops is broadcast for the last time on BBC Two. The show had aired for 42 years.
- More than 54 civilians, at least 37 of them children, are killed in the Lebanese town of Qana. (BBC)
- Ehud Olmert states that ampquotIsrael is not in a hurry to have a cease-fireampquot before it achieves its goals. ''(The Independent)''
- 146 Rockets hit Israel, at least three in Haifa, wounding six people. ''(Reuters)''
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?