Saturday 30 July 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
The Change-Up, directed by David Dobkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 30 July 2011 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 July
- NATO claims to have destroyed three television distribution facilities in an airstrike on Tripoli, Libya. (NATO)
- At least thirteen people are killed when gunmen open fire at passengers near a bus stop in Quetta, Pakistan. (Xinhua)
- Suspected Communist Party of the Philippines New People's Army forces attack a police station in Agusan del Sur killing a civilian and wounding two police officers. (Xinhua)
- Zara Phillips, granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II, marries England rugby union international Mike Tindall in a ceremony at Canongate Kirk, Edinburgh, Scotland. (BBC)
- At least 17 people are killed in a fire at a shoe factory in the Vietnamese city of Hai Phong. (BBC)
- News International phone hacking scandal
- The Metropolitan Police launches Operation Tuleta to investigate allegations of computer hacking by News International journalists. (BBC)
- The Mexican media reports that hitman José Antonio Acosta Hernández, associated with the La Línea gang, is arrested in Chihuahua in connection to killing United States consular official and murders at a Juarez birthday party. (''El Paso Times'')
- Four people are shot and one killed after a George Clinton concert in the US city of Cleveland, Ohio. (19 Action News)
- In mixed martial arts, Dan Henderson defeats fellow former Pride Fighting Championships title holder Fedor Emelianenko via knockout in the first round of their bout at ''Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson''. (Sherdog)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?