Thursday 30 June 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Joyless Street, directed by G.W. Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1927!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1927 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Harvey Vernon: Flint, Michigan -- Actor (Jasper-Carter Country).
- Joseph R Skeen: (Rep-R-New Mexico, 1981- ).
- Shirley Fry: American tennis champ, the winner of all four of the Grand Slam titles during her career, one of only five players to win all the major titles in singles and doubles.
- Shriley Fry: Akron sports Champions.
- James Goldman: Author / playwright (Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid).
- US Assay Office in Deadwood, South Dakota closes.
- Augusto Cesar Sandino issues his Manifesto Politico.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?