Tuesday 30 June 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pauls Dambis and Tony Musante in Bridgeport.
Suzy, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1936!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1936 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Pauls Dambis: Composer.
- Tony Musante in Bridgeport: Connecticut, USA; actor (David Toma - Toma, Nowhere to Hide).
- Nancy Dussault in Pensacola: Florida, USA; actress (Muriel - Too Close for Comfort).
- Tony Dallara: Italian singer, actor and television personality who grew up in Milan.
- Nancy Dussault: American actress, singer and television host, she began her acting career on stage in various musicals, including The Sound of Music on Broadway in 1962.
- Dave Van Ronk: American blues singer with a bawdy and gruff, yet tender singing style who is the owner of considerable blues skills. As one of the most respected members of New York's early '60s folk boom, he never was a big commercial success, but influential in folk circles. In 1958 he formed a jug band and recorded an album. He played in the Newport folk festival in 1964 and recorded sporadically through the '70s, as well as performed and taught guitar.
- Assia Djebar: Algerian-French author and translator (d. 2015)
- Tony Musante: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- 40 hour work week law approved (federal)
- Haile Selassie asks League of Nations for sanctions against Italy
- 40-hour work week law approved (federal).
- The book Gone with the Wind is published, written by Margaret Mitchell.
- Emperor Haile Selassie of Abyssinia appeals for aid to the League of Nations against Italy's invasion of his country.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?