Tuesday 30 June 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Suzy, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1936!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1936 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Pauls Dambis: Composer.
- Tony Musante in Bridgeport: Connecticut, USA; actor (David Toma - Toma, Nowhere to Hide).
- Tony Dallara: Italian singer, actor and television personality who grew up in Milan.
- Nancy Dussault in Pensacola: Florida, USA; actress (Muriel - Too Close for Comfort).
- Dave Van Ronk: American blues singer with a bawdy and gruff, yet tender singing style who is the owner of considerable blues skills.
- Nancy Dussault: American actress, singer and television host, she began her acting career on stage in various musicals, including The Sound of Music on Broadway in 1962. In the 1970s and 1980s she could be seen in two television comedy series, "The New Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Too Close for Comfort." In 1975 she became one of two original hosts of the long-running talk show "Good Morning America." She left the show two years later.
- Assia Djebar: Algerian-French author and translator (d. 2015)
- Tony Musante: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2013)
- 40 hour work week law approved (federal)
- Haile Selassie asks League of Nations for sanctions against Italy
- 40-hour work week law approved (federal).
- The book Gone with the Wind is published, written by Margaret Mitchell.
- Emperor Haile Selassie of Abyssinia appeals for aid to the League of Nations against Italy's invasion of his country.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?