Tuesday 30 June 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Lacroix and Robert Ballard.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1942 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Jean-Pierre Lacroix: French senior official, who served as regional prefect successively of Guyane, Corsica, Centre, and Rhône-Alpes.
- Robert Ballard: Explorer / geologist / author / discoverer (Titanic in 1985).
- Ron Harris: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Arnoldus J H Aerts: Dutch Bishop of New-Guinea, executed at 62.
- 144 U-boats (700,000 ton) sunk this month
- US bombs Celebes and Timor
- US Mint in New Orleans ceases operation.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?