Friday 30 June 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Carlson and Raymond Moody.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1944 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Robert Carlson: Ameircan ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic, he was appointed Archbishop of St. Louis (Missouri) on April 21, 2009 He was ordained into the priesthood on May 23, 1970.
- Raymond Moody: American writer, a best-selling author about the near-death-experience.
- Anna Murdoch: Scottish-Australian socialite and news figure.
- Terry Funk: American professional wrestler.
- Guy Mardel: French singer.
- Glenn Shorrock: English-Australian singer-songwriter (Little River Band The Twilights Axiom Esperanto and Birtles Shorrock Goble)
- Ron Swoboda: Baseball outfielder / sportscaster (New York Yankees, New York Mets)
- Allies land on Vogelkop, New Guinea
- French Cotentin Peninsula in allied hands
- Universal strike against Nazi terror in Copenhagen
- World War II: The Battle of Cherbourg ends with the fall of the strategically valuable port to American forces.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Milkman, Keep Those Bottles Quiet - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?