Tuesday 30 June 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lin Feng-Jiao and Lin Feng-jiao.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Stalag 17, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Billy Bean and His Funny Machine.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1953 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Lin Feng-Jiao: Taiwanese actress.
- Lin Feng-jiao: Taiwanese actress.
- Hal Lindes: American-English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dire Straits).
- 1st Corvette manufactured
- The first production Corvette rolls off the assembly line at Chevrolet Plant Number 35, near Flint, Michigan, USA. The Corvette is the first dream-car to become a production model, and first series-production car with a fiberglass body.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 June 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?