Saturday 30 June 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Somebody Up There Likes Me, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1956 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Volker Beck: German hurdler and coach.
- David Lidington: English historian academic and politician Minister of State for Europe.
- David Grier: Comedian.
- Ronald Winans: Gospel singer (Winans).
- Thorleif Lund: Norwegian-Danish actor (d. 1956).
- Pipe Dream closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 245 performances
- Shangri-La closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 21 performances
- Lenins politics testament (1923) published in Moscow
- United DC-7 and TWA collide over Grand Canyon killing 128
- A TWA Super Constellation and a United Airlines DC-7 (Flight 718) collide above the Grand Canyon in Arizona, United States, killing all 128 on board the two planes.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?