Sunday 30 June 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
An Affair to Remember, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1957 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Sterling Marlin: American race car driver.
- Rich Vos: American comedian and radio host.
- Bud Black: American athlete, a baseball player with the San Francisco Giants, the New York Mets, the Seattle Mariners, the Kansas City Royals, the Cleveland Indians and the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Sarah McGuire: Springfield, Illinois -- LPGA golfer (1983 United Va Bank-5th).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?