Friday 30 June 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karolyn Kirby and Alex Benzie.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Quarter To Three by Gary U.S. Bonds.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Rocco and His Brothers, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kraft Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1961 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Karolyn Kirby: US beach volleyball player (Goodwill-gold-94).
- Alex Benzie: Scottish writer; his first book "The Year's Midnight" was published in 1995, a story set in semi-rural Scotland.
- Lynne Jolitz: American computer scientist and programmer.
- Clive Nolan: English musician composer and producer (Pendragon Shadowland and Arena).
- Explorer 12 fails to reach Earth orbit.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Little Caesar and the Romans - Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You)
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?