Saturday 30 June 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Tales of Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1962 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Tony Fernández: Dominican baseball player.
- Deirdre Lovejoy: American actress (The Wire).
- Anelia Nuneva: Bulgarian sprinter.
- Julianne Regan: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (All About Eve and Hussey-Regan).
- Janet Provan: American professional astrologer, daughter of astrologer Kathryn “Kitty” Provan.
- Tony Fernandez: Dominican-American baseball player: shortstop, Indians
- Vladimir Mikolaevich Dezhurov: Mordovia, Russia -- Astronaut (Mir 18, STS-71)
- Caspar Neher: German set designer / librettist, dies at 65.
- French Foreign Legion leaves Algeria
- LA Dodger Sandy Koufax no-hits New York Mets, 5-0
- Premier Ben Khedda disbands Algerian Liberation Army fighters
- Rwanda and Burundi become independent
- Supporters of Algerian independence win 99% majority in a referendum.
- A heavy smog develops over London.
- Treaty of Nordic Cooperation of Helsinki (23 Mar 1962 signed) in force.
- Charles de Gaulle accepts Algerian independence France recognizes it the next day.
- The first Walmart store, then known as Wal-Mart (which is still the corporate name), opens for business in Rogers, Arkansas.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
- Johnny Crawford - Cindy's Birthday
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Emilio Pericoli - Al Di La'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?