Sunday 30 June 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Dujardin and Yngwie Malmsteen.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Magic, directed by James Neilson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1963 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Paul Dujardin: Belgian art historian and Director-general of the Centre for Fine Arts (BOZAR) in Brussels.
- Yngwie Malmsteen: Swedish guitarist.
- Rupert Graves: Actor (Damage, Handful of Dust, Maurice).
- Olha Bryzhina: Ukrainian sprinter.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Carvel Ladies Golf Open
- Cardinal Montini elected Pope Paul VI, 262nd head of Roman Catholic Church.
- Ciaculli massacre: a car bomb, intended for Mafia boss Salvatore Greco, kills seven between police officers and military personnel near Palermo.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 June 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?