Friday 30 June 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sheila Hudson and Tina Bockrath.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Danger Island.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1967 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Sheila Hudson: US triple jumper (US record 1992).
- Tina Bockrath: Dayton, Ohio -- Playmate (May, 1990) / actress.
- Patrik Bodén: Swedish javelin thrower.
- David Busst: English footballer and manager.
- Victoria Kaspi: American-Canadian astrophysicist and academic.
- Silke Renk: German javelin thrower
- Maj Robert H Lawrence Jr named 1st black Astronaut
- Phillies Cookie Rojas pitches, plays 9th position since joining Phils
- Moise Tshombe, former President of Katanga and former prime minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, is kidnapped to Algeria.
- Canada celebrates its first one hundred years of Confederation.
- EEC joined with European Coal and Steel Community and European Atomic Community to form the European Communities (from the 1980s usually known as European Community EC).
- The first UK colour television broadcasts begin on BBC2. The first one is from the tennis championship at Wimbledon. A full colour service begins on BBC2 on December 2.
- American Samoa's first constitution becomes effective.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- The Grass Roots - Let's Live For Today
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
- Petula Clark - Don't Sleep In The Subway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?