Sunday 30 June 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1974 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Michelle Kang: Fredericksburg, Virginia -- Miss America - Virginia (1997).
- Tony Rock: American comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Hezekiél Sepeng: South African runner.
- Naomi Wilkinson: TV Show Host.
- 2nd du Maurier Golf Classic (Peter Jackson Classic): Carole Jo Skala
- Soviet dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov defects to west
- Petty thief Peter Leonard sets fire to cover burglary that torches "Gulliver's" nightclub killing 24 (Port Chester, New York).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- John Denver - Annie's Song
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?