Saturday 30 June 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ring My Bell by Anita Ward.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
The Wanderers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1979 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Rick Gonzalez: American actor.
- Allari Naresh: Indian actor and singer.
- Faisal Shahzad: Pakistani-American terrorist attempted the Times Square bombing.
- Sylvain Chavanel: French road cyclist racer, one of the best since 2000.
- Matisyahu : Rapper.
- Karen Gravano: Reality Star
- Alfons Vranckx: Belgian politician, dies at 72.
- Got To Go Disco closes at Minskoff Theater NYC after 8 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- Rex Smith - You Take My Breath Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?