Monday 30 June 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Coming Up (Live At Glasgow) by Paul McCartney.
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Airplane!, directed by Jim Abrahams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1980 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Rade Prica: Swedish footballer.
- Seyi Olofinjana: Nigerian footballer.
- Ryan Doeschate: Dutch cricketer.
- Anthony Burrell: Dancer.
- Miles Austin: Football Player.
- Virginia Brown Faire: Actress (Lonesome Trail, Temptress).
- West German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt visits Moscow
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Bette Midler - The Rose
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
- Robbie Dupree - Steal Away
- Spinners - Cupid/I've Loved You For A Long Time (Medley)
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?