Wednesday 30 June 1982
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Don't You Want Me by The Human League.
In UK Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant was in the top 5 hits.
The Secret of NIMH, directed by Don Bluth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1982!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1982 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Willam Belli: American stage and screen actor who often plays transgender characters.
- Lizzy Caplan: American actress, grew up in a Reform Jewish family.
- Tianne King: YouTube Star.
- Ignacio Carrasco: Mexican footballer.
- Otis Harris: American sprinter.
- Andy Knowles: English drummer and producer (Franz Ferdinand and Skuta)
- Mitch Maier: American baseball player
- Delwyn Young: American baseball player
- Lena Horne: Lady, Music closes at Nederlander NYC after 333 performances
- Federal Equal Rights Amendment fails 3 states short of ratification
- New Jersey NHL franchise officially named Devils by fan balloting, runner-up names are Blades, Meadowlanders and Americans
- Orbiter Challenger (OV-099) rolled out at Palmdale
- US Federal Equal Rights Amendment fails three states short of ratification.
- The Equal Rights Amendment falls short of the 38 states needed to pass Phyllis Schlafly and other leaders of the Christian right take credit for its defeat.
- Larry Walters, a.k.a. Lawn Chair Larry, flies above Long Beach, California in a lawn chair with weather balloons attached.
- Roy Jenkins is elected Leader of the Social Democratic Party.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Toto - Rosanna
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Asia - Heat Of The Moment
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- Dazz Band - Let It Whip
- Juice Newton - Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- .38 Special - Caught Up In You
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?