Monday 30 June 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Hancock, directed by Peter Berg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Sail by James Patterson, Howard Roughan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Baseball's Golden Age.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Collapse or Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 30 June 2008 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 June
- US President George Bush signs a US$162 billion war spending bill for Iraq and Afghanistan.
- An International Security Assistance Force attack in Khost province results in the death of 33 militants. (AP via Google News)
- The African Union meets at Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt with Robert Mugabe recently reelected as President of Zimbabwe representing Zimbabwe. (''The Herald'' via AllAfrica)
- Peru's largest federation of mining unions commences strike action in order to pressure the Congress of Peru to pass legislation to improve labor benefits. (Reuters via ''The Guardian'')
- An Ilyushin Il-76 crashes minutes after takeoff from Khartoum International Airport. All four Russian crew were killed. It is the second major air crash in the country this week. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- MV ''Princess of the Stars'' disaster:
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?