Wednesday 30 June 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
The Last Airbender, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ghostbreakers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Akatsuki no Amaneka to Aoi Kyojin or Darkstar: The Interactive Movie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 30 June 2010 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 June
- Park Yong-ha: South Korean singer and actor (d. 2010).
- United States
- The United States government is sued by 10 plaintiffs, including an American citizen, challenging the country's no-fly list. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- On the night streets of Crown Heights, Brooklyn, United States, five people are shot in two separate incidents. (ABC)
- The Obama administration allows General Stanley A. McChrystal, until recently commander of the United States in its war in Afghanistan, to retire at a four star rank. Army rules state that he would have to serve for several more years to earn its additional retirement benefits, but the administration used its right to exempt him from these rules. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Protests are held all across India and occupied Kashmir amid curfew restrictions for the past ten days. Ten adolescents are killed by the forces. (Kashmir)
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo marks 50 years of independence with celebrations attended by Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon, the Belgian king and other world leaders, days after the funeral of Floribert Chebeya. (Al Jazeera)
- Guinea-Bissau's President Malam Bacai Sanhá takes a ampquotsovereign decisionampquot to inaugurate mutineering General Antonio Indjai as army chief, causing upset to the United States which decides not to support this. (BBC)
- 11 Algerian paramilitary police are killed by militants in an ambush in the Sahara. (BBC)
- A man claiming to be an Iranian nuclear scientist, Shahram Amiri, says he has escaped from United States agents whom he alleges were holding him illegally and calls for help from the Iranian government and human rights agencies. (''The Australian'')
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad calls for a boycott of Israeli goods or companies that do business with Israel, including a blacklist of international companies that are Jewish-owned or have branches in Israel among the companies targeted are Nestlè, Coca Cola, Intel, and IBM. (JTA)
- A man whom the United States considers to be the 11th member of a Russian spy ring goes missing in Cyprus. (Aljazeera)
- South Korean actor (''Winter Sonata'') and singer Park Yong-ha's mother finds him hanging by an electrical cord at his home in Seoul. (''The Vancouver Sun'')
- The Prime Minister of Nepal, Madhav Kumar Nepal, announces his resignation by a live television address. (''Times of India'')
- Burundi's opposition leader Agathon Rwasa goes into hiding after being threatened by the country's government. (Aljazeera)
- Finland becomes the first country in the world to make broadband internet access a legal right. (''MSNBC'')
- Sudan releases its opposition leader Hassan al-Turabi after a month and a half. (BBC)
- Inauguration of Noynoy Aquino:
- Benigno Aquino III is sworn in as the 15th President of the Philippines and Jejomar Binay is sworn the 15th Vice President of the Philippines. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?