Tuesday 30 March 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon Strikes Back, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1943 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Sarah Badel: English actress.
- Ken Forssi: American bass player (The Surfaris and Love) (d. 1998).
- Jean-Louis Ravelomanantsoa: Malagasy sprinter.
- Michael Redfern: English actor.
- Jay Traynor: American singer (The Mystics and Jay and the Americans) (d. 2014).
- Dennis Etchison: American short story writer and scriptwriter, he is also the author of some horror fiction. He began writing before he was teenage, winning an essay prize at 12. His first sci-fi was published in 1961 along with fiction in a variety of magazines. He wrote a screenplay in 1969 that was never produced but it did lead to other screenplays. His horror stories include "The Night of the Eye," 1970 and "The Soft Wall," 1974.
- British 1st Army recaptures Sejenane.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 March 1943 and get them!