Thursday 30 March 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1944 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Kenneth Buntion: American second-born twin, killed by Houston police officers in a shootout at approx.
- Carl Buntion: American homicide; a cop-killer.
- Mark Erwin: American businessman and diplomat.
- Andre Campaes: .
- Alan Bilzerian: American fashion designer and merchandiser, Bilzerian has a store on fashionable Newbury Street in Boston, MA where he promotes "Euro fashion" and designers.
- Gerrit Komrij: Dutch poet, writer, translator, critic, polemic and playwright. He died july 5th, 2012.
- Twins : American first-born twin, a career criminal. He is on death row for the well witnessed shooting of a Houston motorcycle police officer (born on 5/25/1953, Houston, TX) on 6/27/1990, 08:00 PM. Although court testimony notes that the twins' parents (now deceased) had no criminal record, both twins and their younger male and female siblings all have lengthy criminal histories. The second-born twin was killed by Houston police officers in a shootout at approx. 03:00 PM on 4/10/1971.
- 781 British bombers attack Neurenberg, Germany.
- World War II: Allied bombers conduct their most severe bombing run on Sofia, Bulgaria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don't Sweetheart Me - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
- The Music Stopped - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 March 1944 and get them!