Wednesday 30 March 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Randy Wanwarmer and Randy Van Warmer in Indian Hills.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Revenge of the Creature, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1955 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Randy Wanwarmer: Denver, Colorado -- Vocalist (Just When I Needed You Most).
- Randy Van Warmer in Indian Hills: Colorado, USA; vocalist ("Just When I Needed You Most").
- Ugo Conti: Italian actor who appeared in more than fifty films since 1982.
- Margaret Fingerhut: English pianist and educator.
- Marilou Diaz-Abaya: Filipino director producer and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Rhonda Petty: American porn actress
- Randy VanWarmer: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2004)
- 27th Academy Awards: On the Waterfront, Marlon Brando and Grace Kelly win.
- Harl McDonald, US composer (Santa FT Trail), dies at age 55.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Georgia Gibbs - Dance With Me Henry (Wallflower)
- Play Me Hearts And Flowers (I Wanna Cry) - Johnny Desmond
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Four Aces - Melody Of Love
- The Cowboy Church Sunday School - Open Up Your Heart (And Let The Sunshine In)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?