Wednesday 30 March 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
The Unforgiven, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1960 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Laurie Graham: Canadian skier.
- Loris Stecca: Italian champion bantamweight boxer, the brother of boxer Maurizio Stecca.
- Bill Johnson: American musician (Born 1872).
- Christoph Ohrt: German actor.
- William D: Johnson; US alpine skier.
- Omero Lengrini: Italian infant which lived two hours, allegedly the child of Maria Callas, fathered by Aristotle Onassis. The author of the expose wrote that Maria retired to Milan in secrecy and only her maid knew of her pregnancy. The infant was delivered by C-section prematurely and was too small and weak to survive.
- Fritz Klimsch: German sculptor/painter, dies at age 90.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- The Little Dippers - Forever
- Annette - O Dio Mio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 March 1960 and get them!