Thursday 30 March 1961
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Surrender by Elvis Presley.
In UK Walk Right Back / Ebony Eyes by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, directed by Karel Reisz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1961!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1961 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Mike Thackwell: New Zealand race car driver.
- Doug Wickenheiser: Canadian-American ice hockey player (d. 1999).
- NASA civilian pilot Joseph A Walker takes X-15 169,600 feet (51,690 metres).
- The Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs is signed in New York City.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- The Everly Brothers - Walk Right Back
- The String-A-Longs - Wheels
- Connie Francis - Where The Boys Are
- Carla Thomas - Gee Whiz (Look At His Eyes)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?