Saturday 30 March 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Sunshine On My Shoulders by John Denver.
In UK Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace was in the top 5 hits.
Foxy Brown, directed by Jack Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1974 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Paola Iezzi: Italian singer-songwriter, musician, disc jockey, record producer, television host and photographer.
- Maria Dangell: Estonian singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Lorenza Arnetoll: Italian professional basketball player on the Italian National Team.
- Ludovicus J Rogier: Dutch Historian (Reborn in Freedom), dies at 79.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Cher - Dark Lady
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Paul McCartney - Jet
- Mocedades - Eres Tu (Touch The Wind)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 March 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?