Saturday 30 May 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Resa Stockholm-Göteborg genom Göta och Trollhätte kanaler, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1908!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1908 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Mel Blanc: American king of the voiceover and provider of voices for 3,000 cartoons with nearly 400 characters as well as a dazzling array of sound effects.
- Louis Daquin: French film director, screenwriter, author, radical ideas concerning human & social problems made him outcast in france, married once, two children.
- Andre Cheuva: France sport Champion.
- Hannes Alfvén: Swedish physicist and engineer Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1995).
- Hannes Alfven: Swedish electrical engineer, plasma physicist and winner of the 1970 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work on magnetohydrodynamics (MHD).
- Paris advocate E Archdeacon is first passenger in a airplane.
- Aldrich Vineland Currency Act forerunner to Federal Reserve System.
- 42nd Belmont Stakes: Joe Notter aboard Colin wins.
- US Assay Office in Salt Lake City, Utah authorized.
- The Emergency Currency Act authorizes $500, $1000, and $10000 national bank notes.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Vilia Song - Elise Stevenson
- Maxim's - Harry Macdonough
- From Your Dear Heart to Mine - Frank Stanley
- Women - Peerless Quartet
- The Rosary - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?