Friday 30 May 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1952!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1952 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Daniel Grodnik: American screenwriter and producer.
- Kerry Fraser: Canadian ice hockey player referee and sportscaster.
- Scott Holmes: American actor.
- Gilles Bernheim: French philosopher and Chief Rabbi of France (June 2008-April 2013), born in an alsacian and jewish family.
- Zoltan Kocsis: Composer.
- Eileen McNamara: American writer, the winner of a Pulitzer Prize and a Distinguished Writing Award from the American Society of Newspaper Editors commentary as a columnist for the Boston Globe in 1997.
- Charlie Grimm succeeds Tommy Holmes as manager of Boston Braves.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Ray - Walkin' My Baby Back Home
- Bigger The Figure - Louis Prima
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?