Saturday 30 May 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nhi Lan and Wynonna [Christina Judd] in Ashland.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Love Me Do by The Beatles.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1964!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1964 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Nhi Lan: Le in Vietnam; US fencer-foil (Olympics-1996).
- Wynonna [Christina Judd] in Ashland: Kentucky, USA; singer (Judds - "Why Not Me", "Love Can Build A Bridge").
- Wynonna Judd: American country-western singer, starting with the fame of the duo "The Judds" with her mother; later as a single tour in 1992.
- Andrea Montermini: Italian pro race car driver in the Formula One series from 1996 driving for the Minardi Team.
- Nelson Rockefeller: American noted family, one of two sons born to Nelson and Happy Rockefeller.
- Heidi Siegmund: American writer, a reporter for the Los Angeles Times. She ghost-wrote the autobiography of Ice T.
- Tom Morello: American guitarist (Audioslave, Rage Against the Machine)
- Mark Sheppard: TV Actor
- Beyond the Fringe closes at John Golden Theater NYC after 673 performances
- Beatles 1961 record of "Cry for a Shadow" hits #1 in Australia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo And Juliet
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- Roy Orbison - It's Over
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?