Saturday 30 May 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Love Me Do by The Beatles.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1964!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1964 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Heidi Siegmund: American writer, a reporter for the Los Angeles Times.
- Nelson Rockefeller: American noted family, one of two sons born to Nelson and Happy Rockefeller.
- Nhi Lan: Le in Vietnam; US fencer-foil (Olympics-1996).
- Wynonna [Christina Judd] in Ashland: Kentucky, USA; singer (Judds - "Why Not Me", "Love Can Build A Bridge").
- Tom Morello: American guitarist (Audioslave, Rage Against the Machine).
- Mark Sheppard: TV Actor
- Wynonna Judd: American country-western singer, starting with the fame of the duo "The Judds" with her mother; later as a single tour in 1992. Accomplishing seven consecutive Country Music Assn. Awards and 6 Grammys, they sang together to packed houses and rave reviews until Naomi's forced retirement in 1991 due to a chronic case of hepatitis. The mother/daughter relationship has always been tumultuous, with Wynonna always late and forgetful and Naomi being critical of her daughter.
- Andrea Montermini: Italian pro race car driver in the Formula One series from 1996 driving for the Minardi Team.
- Beyond the Fringe closes at John Golden Theater NYC after 673 performances
- Beatles 1961 record of "Cry for a Shadow" hits #1 in Australia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo And Juliet
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- Roy Orbison - It's Over
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?