Monday 30 May 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sonya Curry and Thomas Häßler.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Förster Horn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1966!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1966 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Sonya Curry: Family Member.
- Thomas Häßler: German footballer and manager.
- Stephen Malkmus: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Pavement Silver Jews and Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks).
- US launches Surveyor 1 to the Moon.
- Graham Hill wins Indianapolis 500 car race (232.2 kph).
- 300 US airplanes bomb North Vietnam.
- Former Congolese Prime Minister Evariste Kimba and several other politicians are publicly executed in Kinshasa on the orders of President Joseph Mobutu.
- launch of Surveyor 1 the first US spacecraft to achieve landing on an extraterrestrial body.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?