Thursday 30 May 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1968 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Zacarias Moussaoui: French terrorist, implicated in the strike against U.S.
- Tim Burgess: English rock vocalist (Charlatans-Only One I Know).
- Jerry Springer in White Plains: New York, USA; Canadian Tour golfer.
- Jason Kenney: Canadian lawyer and politician 40th Canadian Minister of National Defence.
- Kelley Armstrong: Canadian author.
- Franck Louvrier: French businessman, the President of Publicis Events, Vice President of Publicis Consultants and former media adviser to the Minister and the President of the French Republic, Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Amy Fuller: Westlake, California -- Rower (1992, 96 Olympics - 4th Place)
- Beatles begin work on their only double album Beatles
- President Charles de Gaulle disbands French parliament.
- University church in Leipzig, German Democratic Republic, blown up.
- West German Parliament accepts emergency crisis law.
- Charles De Gaulle reappears publicly after his flight to Baden-Baden, Germany, and dissolves the French National Assembly by a radio appeal. Immediately after, less than one million of his supporters march on the Champs-Elysees in Paris. This is the turning point of May 1968 in France.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?