Sunday 30 May 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1971 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Paul Grayson: English rugby player and coach.
- Jiří Šlégr: Czech ice hockey player and politician.
- Kyle Kuyp: Australian hurdler.
- Kyle Vander: Kuyp; Australian 110 metre hurdler (Olympics-1996).
- Drahomir Kadlec in Pribham: Czechoslovakia; hockey defenseman (Team Czechoslovakia Republic).
- Idina Menzel: American actress and singer
- Duncan Jones: Director
- Jiri Slegr: Jihlava, Czechoslovakia -- NHL defenseman (Edmonton Oilers, Olympics - Gold - 1998)
- US Mariner 9 launched (first satellite to orbit Mars).
- Willie Mays hits his 638th homerun, sets National League record of 1,950 runs scored.
- Train crash at Duivendrecht, Netherlands, five die.
- 36 hospitalized during Grateful Dead concert; after drinking LSD-laced apple juice.
- Mariner program: Mariner 9 is launched to map 70% of the surface, and to study temporal changes in the atmosphere and surface, of Mars.
- Audie Murphy, WWII hero/actor (Sierra, Whispering Smiths), killed in plane crash at age 46.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?