Wednesday 30 May 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hot Stuff by Donna Summer.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
A Force of One, directed by Paul Aaron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1979!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1979 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Mike Bishai: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Clint Bowyer: American race car driver.
- Fabian Ernst: German footballer.
- Rie Kugimiya: Japanese voice actress and singer.
- Francis Lessard: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Jack Raine: Actor (Quartet), dies at 82.
- Pat Underwood makes his pitching debut for Detroit Tigers, beats brother Tom.
- Nottingham Forrest wins 24th Europe Cup 1 at Munich, Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Bee Gees - Love You Inside Out
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Wings - Goodnight Tonight
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Jacksons - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
- Village People - In The Navy
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - Love Is The Answer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?