Friday 30 May 1980
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Gerrard and Ilona Korstin.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK What's Another Year by Johnny Logan was in the top 5 hits.
Urban Cowboy, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventure Game.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Bismarck or Warlords.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1980!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1980 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Steven Gerrard: Soccer Player.
- Ilona Korstin: Russian basketball player.
- Ryōgo Narita: Japanese author.
- 1st papal visit to France since 1814
- Tiger reliever John Hiller, 37, (who had a 1971 heart attack), retires
- Twins Ken Landreaux ends his hitting streak after 31 games
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Blondie - Call Me
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Kenny Rogers - Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
- The Brothers Johnson - Stomp!
- Linda Ronstadt - Hurt So Bad
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?