Friday 30 May 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
Kung Fu Panda, directed by Mark Osborne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 30 May 2008 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- In the United States, Sameer Mishra wins the 81st Scripps National Spelling Bee, the winning word was ampquotguerdonampquot, a noun meaning a reward. ''(USA Today)''
- A gunman shoots dead a magistrate and a Perry County, Kentucky, employee before killing himself in a convenience store near Hazard, Kentucky, United States. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Agathon Rwasa returns to Burundi from exile in Tanzania after an agreement between his Party for the Liberation of the Hutu People and the government. (BBC News)
- A crane collapses in the Upper East Side of New York City resulting in the death of at least two people (Xinhua)
- Grupo TACA Flight 390, an Airbus A320 flying from San Salvador, El Salvador, crashes in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, after failing to land due to a wet runway. 18 casualties are reported, including the chairman of the Central American Bank for Economic Integration who suffered a heart attack after the crash. (Noticias24)
- The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services reaches agreement with some of the families of the YFZ Ranch to start returning the children on Monday. (Canadian Press via Google News)
- Cyclone Nargis
- Aid agencies say logistical difficulties hamper Burma aid deliveries to date, the United Nations reports about 180 planes carrying relief supplies have been unloaded in Rangoon. ''(VOA)''
- The pro-military junta newspaper New Light of Myanmar criticises foreign aid for victims of Cyclone Nargis stating that they could survive from eating frogs and fish in the Irrawaddy River delta. (AFP)
- Burma begins evicting cyclone refugees from relief camps. (Reuters)
- Fishermen in Spain, Portugal and Italy strike to protest against high fuel prices Spain's economy minister says his government cannot cut fuel taxes, but is looking into ways to help fishermen. (VOA)
- Zimbabwe's Morgan Tsvangirai claims ruling party status as the leader of the opposition Movement for Democratic Change, delivers a ampquotstate of the nationampquot address to elected lawmakers from his party, and promises a ampquotnew era of opportunityampquot for Zimbabwe. (VOA)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?