Sunday 30 May 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
The A-Team, directed by Joe Carnahan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Women Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything by Geneen Roth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Awkward Embraces.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ben 10: Alien Force-The Rise of Hex or Castlevania: Harmony of Despair.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 30 May 2010 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 May
- Flight recorders from Afriqiyah Airways Flight 771, which crashed in Libya on 12 May killing 103 people, suggest there was no technical failure. (Reuters)
- The death toll in yesterday's bus crash in Cameroon is said to have risen to at least 30 people and is expected to rise again. The bus broke into two pieces after rolling down a hill several times. (AFP)
- Prime Minister of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdoğan bypasses Argentina on his South American tour, opting to travel straight to Chile after Buenos Aires officials call off an event honouring Mustafa Kemal Atatürk due to what Turkey considers ampquothostileampquot interference from Armenian pressure groups. (BBC)
- It is discovered that a British businessman was among the 93 people killed in the twin mosque attack in Pakistan on Friday. (BBC)
- A roadside bomb kills seven police officers and injures one other in the Darayim District, Badakhshan. (Al Jazeera)
- Thailand's Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva lifts a curfew imposed in the wake of deadly anti-government protests but keeps emergency rule after two months of rallies by ampquotRed Shirtampquot demonstrators paralyzed Bangkok and left almost 90 people dead. (CNN)
- China encourages North Korea and South Korea to avoid violent clashes in the aftermath of the sinking of a South Korean warship. (''China Daily'')
- BP turns to a new strategy to stop the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, but it will take at least four to seven days before the containment device that could capture the leaking oil can be put into place. (CNN)
- Bangladesh blocks access to Facebook after satirical images of the Islamic prophet Muhammad and the country's leaders were uploaded. (Al Jazeera)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Right-wing members of Knesset call for arrest and removal from Knesset of Balad MK Haneen Zoabi, who said she was proud to do her part to end what she called a siege on Gaza. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Israel jams communications of unarmed flotilla, fearing a public relations fiasco (Voice of America)
- Ships of the Gaza protest flotilla set out from Cyprus (BBC)
- Three Irish politicians - Chris Andrews, Mark Daly and Aengus Ó Snodaigh - are prevented by police helicopters and port security from leaving Cyprus to join the flotilla. (BreakingNews.ie)
- Reports that Mahmoud Abbas, Fatah President and Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization, is to visit the Gaza Strip are denied. (Xinhua)
- Colombian presidential election:
- Colombians vote to replace Álvaro Uribe, who is standing down after two terms. (Al Jazeera)
- Juan Manuel Santos wins the first round of the election but without a majority of the vote and a second round of voting will take place on 20 June with Antanas Mockus. (Colombia Reports)
- Jón Gnarr's Best Party (Besti flokkurinn) wins the elections in Reykjavik. (BBC)
- Legislative elections in the Czech Republic:
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?