Saturday 30 November 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Efren Zimbalist Jr and Efrem Zimbalist Jr.
All Night, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1918!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1918 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Efren Zimbalist Jr: NYC, New York -- Actor (77 Sunset Strip, FBI, Scruples).
- Efrem Zimbalist Jr: American actor.
- André Fauchet: French Catholic clergyman who was bishop of Troyes from 1967 to 1992.
- Gilles Guerithault: Tours Journalist.
- Efrem Zimbalist: Jr.
- Ernest Ansermet conducts the first concert by the ''Orchestre de la Suisse Romande''.
- Iceland regains independence, yet remains in personal union with the King of Denmark, who also becomes the King of Iceland until 1944.
- New voting laws in Sweden makes votes no longer dependent on taxable assets, each adult having one vote.
- The Union of Alba Iulia is proclaimed: Following the March 27 incorporation of Bessarabia and Bucovina, Transylvania unites with Romania.
- The Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (which later became the Kingdom of Yugoslavia) is proclaimed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oriental - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?