Thursday 30 November 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The House on 56th Street, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1933!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1933 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Linwood C Ivey in North Carolina: USA; American politician (Mayor-Garysburg, North Carolina).
- Jeanloup Sieff: French photographer born of Polish parents.
- Livio Paladin: Italian politician, ex-president of the constitutional court; nominated minister in the Fanfani government and jurist.
- Norman Deeley: English footballer and manager (d. 2007).
- Sam Gilliam: American painter and educator.
- Sir Arthur Currie: Canadian general (Born 1875).
- CCC Camps are established in Cleveland Park District
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 November 1933 and get them!