Friday 30 November 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
'Neath the Arizona Skies, directed by Harry Fraser, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1934 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- James Montgomery: American accountant and CEO in charge of Great Western Financial, a banking institution with over 1,000 offices mostly in California, Washington and Florida.
- Luiza Souza: Brazilian politician, the mayor of Sao Paulo.
- Helene Boucher: French pioneer pilot of the '30s who set seven world records and was called the "fastest pilot in the world.
- The steam locomotive Flying Scotsman becomes the first to officially exceed 100mph.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 November 1934 and get them!