Tuesday 30 November 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Nothing Sacred, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1937!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1937 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Jimmy Bowen: Rocker.
- Richard Threlkeld: newscaster (ABC-TV).
- Paul Stookey in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; singer (Peter, Paul and Mary - "Wedding Song").
- Adeline Yen Mah: Chinese writer.
- Pierre-Yves Ligen: French urban planner, director of city planning in Paris from 1978 to 1984.
- Ridley Scott: English film director and producer. Following his commercial breakthrough with Alien (1979), his best-known works are sci-fi classic Blade Runner (1982), Thelma & Louise (1991), best picture Oscar-winner Gladiator (2000), Black Hawk Down (2001), Hannibal (2001), Matchstick Men (2003), Kingdom of Heaven (2005), American Gangster (2007), Robin Hood (2010), and Prometheus (2012).
- Tom Simpson: British cyclist (d. 1967)
- Praveen Chaudhari: Indian-American physicist and academic (d. 2010)
- Frank Ifield: English-Australian singer and guitarist
- Luther Ingram: American soul singer and songwriter (Born 1937)
- Adeline Mah: Chinese-American physician and author
- 3rd Heisman Trophy Award: Clint Frank, Yale (HB)
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?