Monday 30 November 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1953 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- June Pointer: American singer, a member of the "Pointer Sisters" specializing in jazz and be-pop, moving on to solid rock 'n roll in the latter '70s.
- Susan Nortorangelo: American cyclist who is the holder of the Women's Trans-American cycling record and placed eighth overall in the John Marino Open, a race which is 800 miles long and has a total elevation gain of over 41,000 feet.
- Mike Espy: (Rep-D-Mississippi).
- Shuggie Otis: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Jessie James: American porn actress.
- Francis Picabia: French painter and poet (Born 1857).
- French parachutist under Col De Castries attacks Dien Bien Phu
- Edward Mutesa II, the kabaka (king) of Buganda is deposed and exiled to London by Sir Andrew Cohen, Governor of Uganda.
- December – Hugh Hefner publishes the first issue of ''Playboy'' Magazine it sells 54,175 copies at $.50 each.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?