Tuesday 30 November 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
Destry, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1954!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1954 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Jéromine Pasteur: French explorer and specialist in South American cultures (Peru, etc.
- Simonetta Stafanelli: Italian film actress.
- Bernard De Coster: Belgian actor and director who died on 7 March 1991, aged 36.
- Charlene Lichtenstein: American astrologer and lesbian author of "Herscopes," published in 2000.
- George McArdle: Rock bassist (Little River Band Melbourne).
- Simonetta Stefanelli: Italian actress and fashion designer
- Lawrence Summers: American economist and government official
- Wilhelm Furtwangler: German musician and noted conductor.
- 1st meteorite known to strike a woman (Liz Hodges-Sylacauga Ala)
- 20th Heisman Trophy Award: Alan Ameche, Wisconsin (FB)
- First meteorite (8 pounds) known to strike a woman (Liz Hodges in Sylacauga, Alabama, USA).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?