Friday 30 November 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Written on the Wind, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1956 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Philippe-Jean Delaunay: French race horse owner and jockey.
- Kenny Wightman: American thief, barely five feet tall, a professional criminal from the time he was 13 and stole his first car as a lark.
- 1st use of videotape on TV (Douglas Edwards & the News)
- Floyd Patterson KOs Archie Moore in 5 for heavyweight boxing title
- Floyd Patterson wins the world heavyweight boxing championship that was vacant after the retirement of Rocky Marciano.
- Fidel Castro and his followers land in Cuba in the boat ''Granma''.
- A pipe bomb planted by George Metesky explodes at the Paramount Theater in Brooklyn, injuring 6 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 November 1956 and get them!