Sunday 30 November 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Iz the Wiz and Juliette Bergmann.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Auntie Mame, directed by Morton DaCosta, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1958 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Iz the Wiz: NYC graffiti artist (d. 2009).
- Juliette Bergmann: Dutch bodybuilder.
- Stacey Q: American singer-songwriter producer and actress (Q and SSQ).
- IZ the Wiz : American painter (d. 2009).
- Hubert Wilkins: Australian polar explorer (Born 1888).
- 1st guided missile destroyer launched, Dewey, Bath, Maine
- WKBW TV channel 7 in Buffalo, New York (ABC) begins broadcasting
- First guided missile destroyer launched, the USS Dewey, in Bath, Maine, USA.
- Gaullists win the French parliamentary election.
- Adolfo López Mateos takes office as President of Mexico.
- Our Lady of the Angels School Fire: At least ninety students and three nuns are killed in a fire in Chicago.
- Subscriber trunk dialling (STD) is inaugurated in the UK by the Queen, when she dials a call from Bristol to Edinburgh and speaks to the Lord Provost. link|date=March 2012}}
- The Preston bypass, the United Kingdom's first motorway, opens to traffic for the first time. This stretch is now part of the M6 and M55 motorways.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 November 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?