Wednesday 30 November 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phillipe Bozon and Wil Mara.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Django, directed by Sergio Corbucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1966!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1966 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Phillipe Bozon: Hockey forward (Team France 1998).
- Wil Mara: American author.
- John Bishop: British comedian.
- Nigel Adams: English businessman and politician.
- David Berkoff: American swimmer.
- Kipkemboi Kimeli: Kenyan runner (d. 2010)
- David Nicholls: Priest / Theologian / political theorist, dies at 60
- Mika Salo: Finnish race car driver
- Salah Suheimat: Jordanian parliamentarian (Born 1914).
- Barbados gains independence from Britain (National Day)
- Radio time signal WWV moves from Greenbelt, Maryland
- Barbados becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- Barbados achieves independence.
- Kurt Georg Kiesinger is elected Chancellor of West Germany.
- British Prime Minister Harold Wilson and Rhodesian Prime minister Ian Smith negotiate on the HMS ''Tiger'' in the Mediterranean.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
- Peter and Gordon - Lady Godiva
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?