Thursday 30 November 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adeline Ong and Spence Fischer.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Papa Was A Rollin' Stone by The Temptations.
In UK Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan was in the top 5 hits.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, directed by William Sterling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arthur of the Britons.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1972!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1972 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Adeline Ong: Miss Universe - Malaysia (1996).
- Spence Fischer: WLAF quarterback (Scotland Claymores).
- Christopher Fitzgerald: American stage actor.
- Dan Jarvis: English soldier and politician.
- Stanislav Kitto: Estonian footballer.
- Abel Xavier: Portuguese footballer and manager
- BBC bans Wings Hi, Hi, Hi
- Illegal fireworks factory explodes killing 15 (Rome, Italy).
- Vietnam War: White House Press Secretary Ron Ziegler tells the press that there will be no more public announcements concerning American troop withdrawals from Vietnam due to the fact that troop levels are now down to 27,000.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Seals and Crofts - Summer Breeze
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- America - Ventura Highway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?