Wednesday 30 November 1977
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Guerrero and Olivier Schoenfelder.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone.
In UK Name Of The Game by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
The Goodbye Girl, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Restless Years.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boot Hill or Zork.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1977!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1977 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Ivan Guerrero: Honduran footballer.
- Olivier Schoenfelder: French ice dancer.
- Steve Aoki: Music Producer.
- Richard Anderson: Canadian basketball player and coach.
- Iván Guerrero: Honduran footballer and manager.
- Kazumi Saito: Japanese baseball player and coach
- Terence Rattigan: British playwright, a master of the well-made play, a notable success from 1936, when he achieved his first London success with "French Without Tears.
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) founded as specialized agency of the United Nations.
- December ndash Colombo Plan for Co-operative Economic and Social Development in Asia and the Pacific (CESDAP)
- The Lockheed's top-secret stealth aircraft project, designated Have Blue, precursor to the U.S. F-117A Nighthawk, makes its first flight.
- The Nickelodeon Television Channel, a children's cartoon channel, launches as The Pinwheel Network.
- Jean-Bédel Bokassa, president of the Central African Republic, crowns himself Emperor.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight 653 is hijacked and crashes in Tanjung Kupang, Johor, Malaysia, killing all 100 passengers and crew on board.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
- Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Chicago - Baby, What A Big Surprise
- Linda Ronstadt - Blue Bayou
- Paul Nicholas - Heaven On The 7th Floor
- Rita Coolidge - We're All Alone
- Heatwave - Boogie Nights
- Linda Ronstadt - It's So Easy
- L.T.D. - (Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?