Saturday 30 November 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to No Diggity by BLACKstreet.
In UK Say You'll Be There by The Spice Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Jerry Maguire, directed by Cameron Crowe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Rules by Ellen Fein, Sherrie Schneider was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pop-Up Video.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avara or CyberJudas.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1996!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1996 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 November
- Dan Flavin: Minimalist sculptor, dies at 63.
- Koji Kobayashi: Industrialist, dies at 89.
- Paul Derrick: Co-operator / Christian socialist, dies at 80.
- Tiny Tim [Herbert Khaury]: Entertainer (Tip Toe), dies at 71.
- Tiny Tim: American performer and entertainer with a unique presentation of "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" in a falsetto voice, a novelty international hit in the late '60s.
- Herbert Khaury (aka "Tiny Tim") dies of a heart attack at age 64 while performing "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" at a Minneapolis fund raiser.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 November 1996
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
- Merril Bainbridge - Mouth
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
- Ginuwine - Pony
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- No Mercy - Where Do You Go
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- New Edition - I'm Still In Love With You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?