Sunday 30 November 2003
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Samurai, directed by Edward Zwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 30 November 2003 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 November
- Syria hands over 22 suspects to Turkey on Sunday in connection with four deadly suicide bombings in Istanbul, the semi-official Anatolia news agency reported.
- According to the Information Center for Human Rights and Democracy, the People's Republic of China has freed three people detained on charges of posting information critical of the government on the Internet.
- ''The Observer'' newspaper reports that a deal is imminent to repatriate British men being held in Guantanamo Bay.
- Israeli army chief Moshe Yaalon and former heads of Shin Bet criticise Prime Minister Ariel Sharon for his unwillingness to consider the Geneva plan.
- The Japanese government announces its intention to temporarily nationalize regional bank Ashikaga Bank after inspections show that it is insolvent the cost may exceed .
- Iribnews.com reports that Georgia's parliament has elected Tedo Dzhaparidze as the new foreign minister.
- Occupation of Iraq: Two South Korean civilians working for a US firm are killed on a highway near Tikrit.
- There is evidence that the tuberculosis drug D-cycloserine may be the first effective agent for the treatment of phobias.
- Pakistan is to end a ban on Indian flights over its territory, in another sign of improving relations between the neighbours
- Nathaniel Jones, a 41-year-old, 350nbsplb (159nbspkg) unarmed black man dies after being clubbed by police with metal truncheons in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- The draw is made for the 2004 European Football Championship. England are drawn with holders France, and hosts Portugal are drawn with neighbours Spain.
- In tennis, Australia wins the Davis Cup by three rubbers to one when Mark Philippoussis defeats Juan Carlos Ferrero of Spain in the first reverse singles match, played in Melbourne. It is the 28th time Australia has won the trophy, the most prestigious title in men's team tennis.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 November 2003 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?