Friday 30 November 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to No One by Alicia Keys.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Atonement, directed by Joe Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: Staying Young by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 2007!
Which were the important events of 30 November 2007 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 November
- Rambhadracharya, a Hindu religious leader, released the first Braille version of Bhagavad Gita, with the original Sanskrit text and a Hindi commentary at New Delhi.
- Colombian authorities release seized videos of 16 hostages being held by the FARC rebel group these include former senator and presidential candidate Íngrid Betancourt, last heard from in 2002, and three U.S. defence contractors abducted in 2003. ''(Independent)''
- The Miami-Dade Police Department arrests four people in relation to the killing of Washington Redskins player Sean Taylor. (AP via ABC News)
- A man takes hostages at U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton's campaign office in Rochester, New Hampshire. He has a package strapped to his chest. The siege ends at 6pm with his arrest. (NYT)
- Amtrak ''Pere Marquette'' train #371 en route from Grand Rapids, Michigan, to Chicago, Illinois, collides with a parked freight train on the south side of Chicago, seriously or critically injuring five Amtrak employees and slightly injuring 100 to 150 of the 187 passengers on board. (AP via the Daily Herald)
- Protesters in Sudan demand execution of Gillian Gibbons for insulting the prophet Muhammad after she let students name a teddy bear after him. (BBC)
- Wang Qishan resigns as the Mayor of Beijing, being succeeded by acting Mayor Guo Jinlong, who left his post in Anhui. (Xinhua)
- DNA tests confirm that ampquotBaby Graceampquot, the deceased two-year-old found floating on Galveston Bay in Texas, is indeed Riley Ann Sawyers. Earlier in the week, her mother and stepfather confessed to beating the child to death. (Houston Chronicle)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 November 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?