Saturday 30 October 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Drink, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1909!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1909 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Jean Le Moal: French painter of the new Paris school, designer of stained glass windows, and one of the founder members of the Salon de Mai.
- Homi J Bhabha: Indian physicist (d. 1966).
- Homi Bhabha: Indian-French physicist and academic (d. 1966).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1909 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Up, Up, Up in My Aeroplane - Haydn Quartet
- I Wish I Had My Old Gal Back Again - Manuel Romain
- Cupid's Telephone - Frank Stanley
- My Wife's Gone to the Country, Hurrah! Hurrah! - Bob Roberts
- The Billiken Man - Blanche Ring
- Mister Othello - Ada Jones
- The Traveling Man - Nat Wills
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?